HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

IRC Channel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vali
Leader

PostSubject: IRC Channel   Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:15 am

Think we should get an irc channel going? I mean i know i just like to idle and chat w/o having my headset on plus a lot of people dont have $20 headsets....odd but true...I dunno...should we?

-TwirlingPrincess - Maestro~Adventurer~Sagittarius~Soultaker----Noble - Retired
-Zidaine - Cardinal~Doom Cryer~Mystic Muse---Noble - Retired
-QueenDethklok - Warlord - Retired
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoddy
D-Grade
D-Grade

PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:35 am

Dont think there is a need for it tho ... if you wanna chat all you got to do is sit idle in some down and chat via ally/clan/pt lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[RG]Milky
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:46 pm

IMO: IRC is harder to use and get used to then Ventrilo... it also takes more time to communicate during pvp using IRC than Ventrilo. Same for pk/sieges. Furthermore, I do not think anyone would like a dormant system on their pc running to take up ram while playing L2. Especially a dromant system that leaks out your IP addy so that people can ping-bot you.

anhewem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SwampMeat
D-Grade
D-Grade

PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:20 pm

If not I think Ally, Clan leaders at need to idle in the l2r channel. You can find out alot of information there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[RG]Milky
Admin

PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:44 am

SwampMeat wrote:
If not I think Ally, Clan leaders at need to idle in the l2r channel. You can find out alot of information there.

Down side to idling in L2R IRC channel is that you get ping botted constantly by ST or other people who don't like you. I get on L2R IRC for more than 20minutes and I'll get ping botted. Then I'd have to change my IP with a few clicks... but other people need to turn off their moden.router to do that. In extreme cases they even have to call their ISP.

Even when I use a proxy device n an external proxy program, I still get ping botted, iono how the fuck they do it.. but they get me and ping spam me every time I stay on IRC for more than 20minutes.

[Milky: Moved this thread to General Discussions, because it's a discussion, not an announcement.]

anhewem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RasAlGul
Leader

PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:30 am

i think your talking about a ping flood, as long as your not using windows 95 you should be pretty safe. The days of ping flooding people in irc are long gone, thats not to say its impossible to flood someone with junk packets, the filtering is just way better these days. in most cases its the actual server your on or the irc client you use that bogs you down.

a private irc chan thats password protected, and has one of mine and swampmeats ub3r bots to govern things should be very safe from the gayness of a ping flood. There is really only a handful of people in a chan who can even get your ip, owner, maybe some ops, and the server admins of course, but the people who want to attack your system are usually too stupid to even begin to know how to do it.

Swampmeat, feel free to chime in here, i know you love to disagree with me lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx
C-Grade
C-Grade

PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:33 pm

No it's not really necessary, but it might be nice to have our own channel for those times when the server is down or whatever... that's basically the only time I log on IRC. Either that, or if I need to get a hold of a GM and I can't see one in-game. I don't idle IRC because I simply just don't see the point. It takes up system resources and imo is just useless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bprm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   

Back to top Go down

IRC Channel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1